Suzors slice of cyber space

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Storyboarding.

The movie Memento was one that I have seen before. I didn’t enjoy it then and I didn’t really enjoy it now. However, I did appreciate it more this time when I thought about all there is to write a script and produce a movie.

Character: Guy Pearce is a man who has almost no short term memory. His condition is soon explained in side the story and basically spells out why the story seems so jumpy. The jumpiness of the film gives an insight into the chaotic world of the character. While we realise that he has been through this before, the viewer realises that Guy doesn’t remember anything from anywhere from meetings to friends. It is shown to the viewer that the character is quite clever and organised with the use of photos as reminders to him to remember certain things.

Development: The movie essentially takes place backwards which poses problems in its own right. The first scene was that of teddy being shot in the head. In the conventional sense, this movie is about a man on a mission of vengeance to avenge his wife’s rape and murder. The normal storyline would have finding the body, investigating for clues, tracking down the character and then a final show down. This movie basically goes in the complete opposite direction. The realisation of who killed Guy’s wife is shown at the start and the main developments seem to be how he found out that Teddy was the murderer.

Setting: The movie seems to take place in an average run down town in not the best of neighbourhoods. The movie takes place in very few places and these places are constantly revisited. The motel and clothes of the characters portray them as average people. The cafeteria and motel seem deserted and the impression is given that the movie takes place in the middle of nowhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home